A funeral parlour or funeral home is an establishment that provides funeral services for the dead and the family of the deceased. Funeral parlour services include preparation of wake, funeral and chapel. Choosing the right one is not easy, especially if you are battling the loss of your loved one. However, you can look at some of these tips to help you find a funeral parlour that best suits for your needs.
- Search the internet to locate local funeral parlours, refer to the yellow pages, and funeral directories. In Perth, the funeral servicer you choose should be a practicing member of a reputable funeral service organisation, like the Australian and British Institutes of Embalming and the New Zealand Embalmers Association. You should go for funeral parlour that is convenient and close to your location, and have sufficient parking space for the comfort of your family and friends who will express condolences and pay tribute to the dead.
- Search for a funeral parlour with a very good reputation. You can ask your friends and neighbours, specifically those who have arranged funerals before to recommend a funeral servicer to you. If you have listed some facilities, consider the feedback and experiences of their past clients, and checking the funeral parlour’s website to view and read testimonials from their past customers. These will help you compare funeral parlours and make the right decision.
- Choose a full-service funeral parlour which offers products and provides pre-arrangements, such as picking up of body, sanitary washing, embalming, viewing and visiting, graveside ceremony, memorials, caskets and coffins, burial, etc.
However, if you choose for direct burial eliminating any ceremonies, you may choose a limited funeral service provider. They may give you information about the difference between cremation and burial.
- Choose a funeral parlour with cooperative, knowledgeable and caring staff that can guide you properly and explain in full detail the funeral services and process they offer. It is recommended that you go to a funeral parlour with licensed professionals. Also, you have to visit the facility in person it to ensure that it is comfortable and large enough to accommodate your needs.
- You may compare prices of the different funeral parlours and compare how they offer their products and services. You can get pricelist over the phone or visit their website. Better yet, get quotes from three funeral service providers of your choice. Then, if you choose to check the actual facility, it would be better to ask a family member or a friend to accompany you and help you with this effort. In this moment of distressing time, your relative or friend can help you inspect and analyse the options provided by the funeral parlour so that you can come up with the right decision.
You may choose for an independent family-owned funeral parlour instead for a funeral parlour owned by a well-established corporation, it is because the first one is most likely to be more affordable, warm, and caring than the latter.